I was inspired to give you a short video about ways you can take fire cider this fall but my ancient iPhone didn’t give much volume and you can’t really hear. It made me think- how do you best take in info? Do you prefer a blog post, a video, a podcast? Let me know!
As I was straining off my fire cider this morning it gave me lots of inspiration that I thought I would share with you. Here’s some quick down and dirty bullet points.
- take 1 tablespoon a day to keep the sickies away (mix with honey if you prefer)
- if you have chills and a fever add some honey and cayenne pepper and take every hour, take a nice hot bath and wrap yourself up in wooly socks and blankets until you sweat the yuck out
- use as a marinade
- make a “lemonade” to give to your kids, I do 1/2 of a lemon squeezed, 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 cup of warm water to dissolve the honey and a teaspoon of fire cider. You can add extra cold water if your kids don’t like warm drinks. The sweet helps to hide some of the sour of the vinegar.
- take the strained off veggies and add to a pot of bones to make stock
- add 2 tablespoons to stock when you start cooking to aid in getting more marrow out of the bones
- add a tablespoon or 2 to soup right before you eat it for a tangy flavor
What do you think? How do you like your fire cider best?